Subject: [Leica] Take a deep breath
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:02:15 -0400

   Although I am relatively new to the LUG (11 months) I have periodically
posted my thoughts on the almost PMS laden keyboard lashings that are
periodically displayed on my monitor.  I almost always wonder why it is that
"the person" had to respond at all if they had nothing more to say than trying
to prove their inherent value to the group is much higher than the "obviously
idiotic" poster whom they are attacking.  Why not just let the thread die a
quick and painless death?

    This group has perhaps the most informed group of posters as any newsgroup
available on the net.  Some of us perhaps less so than others, but either way.
all of us have a "strong" desire to enjoy our photography as well as viewing
the works of other photographers.  So why is it that there has to be so much
"one upsmanship".  Of all the reputations connected with Leica it seems this
pompous arrogance is the one that I have obverved has merit.   There are so
many nice, helpful and informed readers of this group that it makes me cringe
every time I read some disturbed luger spending their time trying to show up
another poster.  Leave it be.  Leave them be.  They will go away in time and we
won't have to deal with their obvious trolls or attacks.

    Finally, I enjoy immensly those periods of time when the topics are fresh
and photographically oriented and I hope to see more of these in future.  By
the way, I have recently developed some slides shot with the new Provia F and I
am happy to report that the film is excellent and I highly recommend it to
all.  Have a great day.