Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Sunlight in the lens
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:38:02 +0400

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I don't like to mount the F5 that way, because I worry about that tiny
> screw holding all that weight.

Oh boy.... it's not easy being you, is it.

> The tripod mount of the M6 worries me, too.

Well, it's a pretty heavy camera, of course, unlike what some prefer to
believe....

> The camera is very light, but the mount is awfully eccentric, and it
> apparently is part of the baseplate, not the camera body proper.

It's part of the camera. When in doubt, take off the bottom plate and
have a look. It never hurts to check things for yourself.

>  Fortunately, I plan to use it handheld exclusively.

What a relief. Do wear some straps to keep the thing from falling, both
round your wrist, waist and neck: you never know!

Oh, and check the lens mount. It could be loose and then your lens will
fall to the pavement.

Bernard