Subject: Re: [Leica] 75/90 framelines
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:02:11 +0200

George,

In contrast with others who do not like the many framelines in the M6, I have
never had any trouble distinguishing the 75mm from the 50mm ones when I had the
75mm Summilux. Likewise, the lack of corners in the 90mm frames does not bother
me too much. I do not think either of these two issues should keep you from
buying one of these lenses; you should base your decision on the usefulness of
each lens for your type of photography.

Nathan

George Huczek wrote:

> I'm looking for either a 75 Summilux or a 90 Summicron to add to my M range
> of lenses.  I'd like some advice from those who have tried both.  (I know
> the newest versions of these lenses are both superb optically, so that is
> not an issue.) I'm wondering how hard it is to get used to the framelines
> each of these focal lengths offers.  In particular, I find the lack of
> corners on the 90 to be irritating, judging only by how this looks with the
> preselector lever, and not in actual use. (Can the framelines be customized
> for a body that is intended to be used primarily with the 90?) I'm also
> quite used to using the 50mm framelines, so I'm wondering how difficult in
> it to adjust to using the 75mm framelines for those who user a 50 a lot.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator