Subject: [Leica] 75/90 framelines
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 06:18:12 -0600

I'm looking for either a 75 Summilux or a 90 Summicron to add to my M range
of lenses.  I'd like some advice from those who have tried both.  (I know
the newest versions of these lenses are both superb optically, so that is
not an issue.) I'm wondering how hard it is to get used to the framelines
each of these focal lengths offers.  In particular, I find the lack of
corners on the 90 to be irritating, judging only by how this looks with the
preselector lever, and not in actual use. (Can the framelines be customized
for a body that is intended to be used primarily with the 90?) I'm also
quite used to using the 50mm framelines, so I'm wondering how difficult in
it to adjust to using the 75mm framelines for those who user a 50 a lot.