Subject: [Leica] 70-180 Apo fixed!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:22:07 -0500

I got my Vario Apo back from Leica not long ago. And yesterday was the
first day I really got to put it to the test.

Not only did Leica fix the thing that was broken, the tripod collar was
loose, but they also fixed the one criticism I had of this lens!!!! And am
I ever happy!

It used to be if I pointed it anywhere close to the sun I got some major
veiling glare at focal lengths longer than about 135mm. But now, I can
point it straight at the sun or anywhere close and there is just about no
veiling glare at all. A tiny bit at one single angle from the sun, but move
just a tad, and it's gone!

Now I have no criticisms of this lens at all, other than weight and size.
Those I'm happy to live with for the performance I get out of this lens.
Amazing is an understatement!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?