Subject: Re: [Leica] White Stuff for the Numbers on Lenses
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:33:32 -0400

Mark-
No one seems to have mentioned Fargo Enterprises. I got a set of 'paint
sticks' in different colors from them, including white and black. They are a
putty consistency which you rub over the engraving, and when almost dry, rub
off the excess from around the engraving. When dry, a quick wipe with a dry
cloth over the engraving gets rid of the rest of the excess, but leaves the
paint in the engraving. Since they are in stick form, there is no mess or
risk of spillage- and a set should last you almost forever, unless you go
into the engraving refurbishing business! I also found that a plastic tooth
pick was useful in cleaning the old paint out of the engraving, or removing
the new, if you make a mistake!
Dan