Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: BALUG meet!!!
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:16:46 -0700

I would like to choose a time when our northern California Leica Rep is
available to participate. Tom always has a lot to offer, insight about
Leica, and can bring loaner equipment to the day of photography. Tom lives
in Boulder Creek. His girlfriend Angela is a Leica M & R photographer as
well. I also think that Jeff Alford (semi-LUGger and Leica guy at KSP)
would like to attend. Jeff is out of town this week so I couldn't ask him.
Jeff uses M and his wife uses R.

I personally am unavailable from Oct 22 through Oct 31. Sometime in
November seems to me like the best time as it gives us enough time to make
good plans, reservations if needed, decide on options, find out when Tom is
available, etc. Tom is in Colorado right now.

If anyone is interested in going to an area where the leaves are turning,
it'll have to be November. November usually has clear blue skys. For
instance, the hills behind Pescadero have nice fall displays, and Highway 1
along the coast, Pigeon Pt. Light house, Ano Nuevo, Davenport, Santa Cruz,
are all close. And close for Tom as well.

We could also meet on the Monterey Peninsula (my stomping grounds.) The
coastline from Big Sur up to Monterey is spectacular. Pt. Sur, Garrapata
beach, Garrapata park, Hurricane point, Pt. Lobos, Weston Beach, Ocean Ave.
in Carmel, 17 mile Drive, Sea Otters, Heron, Snowy Plover, Sea Lions,
Harbor Seals, Sunset at Carmel beach (or anywhere along the coast). I could
also arrange for a banquet style dinner at a great restaurant.

As far as a place to have a slide show, we can use my office and not worry
about a closing time.

Look at

http://http1.smartpages.com/sil/swbell/__3e2553cd6d7DZ1Yc17M/v/parks/countyH
TML/monterey.html