Subject: [Leica] Re: 90 a-a cap scuffs
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:11:43 -0700

At 06:53 PM 9/24/99 -0400, Photovilla@aol.com wrote:
>would probably the best thing although it would cost you $85. I know the "I
>hate filters" crowd will be upset with this answer...but it is only a
>suggestion.
>
>Rich

I suggest what Sherry Krauter suggests. By a 55mm filter, knock out the
glass, screw it in an now your front element is recessed AND you can still
use any "useful" filter in the 55mm rim that you installed as it has 55mm
threads on the outside, just like the lens front rim.

This is a pretty simple yet elegant solution. You might even locktight it
in (the weak version of course) so it doesn't unscrew with a filter.

I suggest using only a brass rim. B+W or Heliopan.

Jim