Subject: Re: [Leica] What I'd like to see.
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:55:48 EDT

What I really would have liked to see -- at least before taking the plunge
recently and buying a used Leica M and (so far) two lenses -- was a new
Minolta/Leica rangefinder . . . I still think it would be cool if Minolta
would produce a semi-pro type manual-focus, interchangeable lens (Leica M
mount, please) rangefinder body with modern electronics: manual/AE operation
& TTL flash metering. Of course, they would have to offer a line of lenses --
say 20mm through 100mm. Priced at say $600-$800 for a body and most lenses at
$600 or less I think they would have a winner. Of course, they'd probably
lose their shirt on it but hey, it would be cool, wouldn't it?

Bob (only from the mind of) McEowen