Subject: Re: [Leica] What I'd like to see.
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:10:33 +0200

From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 1999 10:12

> I remember how when I was a kid, I went "oh woooow....
> a Nikon!".

Me too.

> Now it's just an everyman's brand.

True.  The high end is still great, but you have to really look close to see
which camera you're looking at.

> I have serious doubts Leica is doing itself a favor
> with those $300 point and shoots they are marketing.

I agree.

> Leica and "bang for the buck" ...... doesn't that send
> shivers down your spine?

Yes!  Mainly because "bang for the buck" often translates to "less bang, for
less bucks."

> Sorry, but I like a little class.

Class is nice, but quality is what I pay for.  And it seems to be getting harder
and harder to find.

  -- Anthony