Subject: Re: [Leica] I am about to buy a Minilux
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:06:42 -0700

>> minilux has a 40mm lens vs the 28mm lens in the GR1
>Which IMHO is an advantage.  I still can't see where a 28mm lens would
>be useful in a P&S unless you can crop your work.

While I usually prefer to shoot with a 40mm lens, there are times when
what I want makes a 28mm lens more suitable, and other times when 28mm is
too restrictive and I really need 20mm or 15mm.

It all depends on what works for the photographs you want to take. I've
gone on trips with nothing but a GR1 or a Leica fitted with 28mm lens and
gotten some fantastic pictures. A wide-angle lens is often desperately
needed for various scenics that I like to shoot.

Godfrey