Subject: Re: [Leica] I am about to buy a Minilux
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:31:34 -0700

>I understand your point.  It's just that I don't see 28mm as being suitable
>for a general purpose P&S camera, especially for folks who shoot color print
>film and have it machine processed.

Well, at $380-450 for a GR1 (and for that matter, $700-800 for a Minilux
or Minilux Zoom), these cameras hardly sell to the average
point-and-shooter far as I can tell. They sell typically to the more
photo-knowledgeable or to the collectors of cameras with fashionably
expensive names who couldn't take a picture anyway. (My, do I have an
attitude there? ;)

>BTW, isn't it your site which has the wonderful tales about motorcycles.  I'm
>anxiously awaiting the next episode:-)....but  I've also lost the URL to
>it:-(

My website's URL is <http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/>. I'm working on
two more photo presentations, hope to have them done this weekend
sometime.

And thank you for the compliment. :)

Godfrey