Subject: Re: [Leica] on Hawk Hill (long)
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 07:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

Doug Herr writes:
 > [...]  Hawk Hill in Pennsylvania has been known for many years as
 > one of these places; on many days, thousands of broad-winged Hawks will be
 > seen to pass overhead from their Canadian breeding grounds to points south;
 > [...]

One minor correction to Doug's wonderful report of Saturday's
adventure, the east coast version of the Marin Headland's Hawk Hill is
known as Hawk Mountain, just outside of Kempton, PA.  It's about 30
miles west of Allentown, which is about 50 miles northwest of
Philadelphia.  They've been movers and shakers in the raptor
conservation movement for decades.

It was also the first place that I ever slept out in the "wild",
camping in a leanto w/ my Dad and brother....

I had a great time, even if it wasn't the right place for my M....

g.