Subject: [Leica] Apo Macro Clamp Ring
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:47:23 -0400

Lug nuts,

I've recently purchased an Apo Macro & did
some tripod work with it. I pulled off my shelf
the tripod clamp ring STA 1 for the Apo Macro
& re-attached it!  It sure made sense working
with the R7; the R8, I'm not so sure!

My questions are twofold: how many of you who
use the Apo Macro use the STA 1? And, do you think
it's required when working with the R8; i.e, are the
reasons for it's use with a R7 as effective when an
R8/Apo Macro is used on a tripod?

Tom D.