Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Scala question...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:18:37 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
><Snip>
> I'd like to know why the reference is 18% gray, rather than, say, 50% gray,
> which seems more logical.
><Snip>
>   -- Anthony

No dots. My greycard under high magnifation has no disernable halftone pattern
Lots of stuff in the archives on that if you want to drive yourself crazy. It's
a standard for aiming your meter at that's all.
A grey card is referred to for some reason as 18% grey. It is also middle grey.
Zone V. Average.
But somehow it is not and the slightest tilt throws off your reading considerably.
But not a bad thing to have lying around.
Mark Rabiner