Subject: Re: [Leica] I am very concerned.
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:37:20 +1000

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 10:31 PM 9/26/99 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
> >Unfortunately for me
> >I have a ton of Iomega stock for which I paid $15, it is now worth $3
>
> That's because people have realized that it's a company that spits on its
> customers. That ignores facts, the puts false advertisements on their
> packages (Drivers for Windows NT 14 months before they really exist and
> still don't work two years later!!!). It's a company with no moral
> imperative, no history beyond one successful product, and a company that
> has no reason to exist beyond next week. A company that doesn't deserve to
> exist.
>
> That's not Leica.

I have to agree 100% with you. I had nothing but problems with this lot.
Especially the
Inbuilt units. (the External staff wasn't so bad). I spend days at customers
places trying to get this damn things to function correctly. No luck. The so
called help the " authorized"
distributor was supposed to give me, was worth  nothing. We never again use
anything from Iomega. Rubbish it is.
Now for a much lesser cost, we fit a hard disc cradle in to the computer box.
Then we use a removable hard disk. A 10GB hard disk costs me about
$ Aus 190.- plus the cradle another 30 bucks (for a good quality cradle) .These
are wholesale prices. For roughly 220 $ Aus, I have a very fast backup system.
In the evening I just pull out the hard disk from my computer at work  and take
it home, where I can fit it in to the cradle in to my home machine.

Regards, Horst Schmidt