Subject: Re: [Leica] Grey Zone
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 03:33:05 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 02:48

> I interpreted Anthony's point to be that you meter
> "for" the important part of the image, not necessarily
> "on" the important part of the image.

Yes, that's what I meant.  You meter so that the most important part of the
image comes out neither lost in shadow nor washed out in highlight.  If it's
snow, of course, you'd have to find something grayish at which to point the
meter so that the snow would still come out on the high side, or I guess you
could meter right on the snow and then increase exposure by 2-3 stops or so.

  -- Anthony