Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome processing
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:54:21 -0400

At 09:52 AM 9/23/99 +0200, you wrote:
>I've also read in the instructions of my scanner that Kodachrome dyes are
>different in some way and that they will not scan with the same parameters
>used
>for other slides.  I find that perplexing because, if the _look_ the same, I
>don't see why they would not _scan_ the same.  In both cases, it's red, blue,
>and green light, right?
>
>   -- Anthony

Anthony -

The only problem with scanning Kodachrome comes when you try to use a
"cleaning" feature like ICE on the Nikon LS2000.  As with B&W film, the
scanner reads the silver content of the film as dirt and tries to remove
it.  Just be sure your film is clean and you won't have a problem.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com