Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Grey Zone
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:47:12 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 09:59 PM 9/26/99 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
> >If you
> >think too long, the decisive moment will be gone.
>
> Yep, but my point is that people think the Zone System gets in the way. The
> problem with that idea is that it's not sitting around calculating a bunch
> of numbers that takes time.><Snip>

People should see Ansel Adams description of how he got "moonrise" with no meter
rushing out of his car by doing some quick luminance calculations in his head
based on known luminances(the moon).
When he flipped over his film holder to get a second shot it was gone.
There is a great book on how he did many picture: "examples" or something like that.
More inspiring to me than even that book is "Looking at Photographs" by John Szarkowski
Mark Rabiner