Subject: Re: [Leica] The cost of consumables
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:37:18 -0300

One thingI have done to decrease my cost is to use bulk rolled film.  For
example when I bulk roll RSX II 100 it costs about $2.25 per roll.  The
Kodak films and Fuji are not as cheap in bulk but still work out to about
$4.50 per roll.  I also develop my own ans not counting the cost of the
aparatus, it costs less than two dollars a roll.  So if I shoot RSX, I have
a cost of just over $4.25 per roll developed and mounting of the good
slides.  The rejects don't get mounted, but trashed.

This all adds up as Puls suggested, but much slower than using prepackaged
film and having a lab process it.  It means I do not have to feel guilty
about shooting film.  For example, yesterday I was at a motor Cross race
and shot five rolls of film.  The day before I was at a college football
game and shot three.

Regards,

Robert