Subject: Re: [Leica] Which one is the Leica?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:44:14 +0200

From: David W. Almy <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 21:45

> Try comparing the corners of images shot -- using Velvia,
> Provia III or Kodachrome 25 -- wide open on an overcast
> day and enlarged to at least 24x36.

If I display the scans at 100% resolution on my monitor, that happens to come
out to exactly the same size as a 24x36-inch enlargement.  At least on these two
images, I can't see any difference.  If there is one, it must involve details
that cannot be resolved at 53 lp/mm or above.  I don't see any differences in
distortions or aberrations.

Is there some reason why the lens in the Yashica (a Zeiss lens, remember) could
not be an extraordinarily sharp lens?

  -- Anthony