Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ted's outcry
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:30:38 +0200

From: Simon Stevens <simon@wizard.net>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 23:54
Subject: [Leica] Re: Ted's outcry

> This unfortunately doesn't help those of us who prefer
> to receive the digest version of the Lug, wheras a little
> consideration and self restraint on the part of some
> people would.

If everyone has his own, unique preferences with respect to what discussions and
posts he'd like to see on the mailing list, and if everyone expects all other
members of the list to censor their posts _at the source_ in order to match his
preferences, how does anything get posted at all, given that no two people have
the same preferences, and that anything censored at the source for one person is
censored for all recipients?

In practice, it is best to filter at the destination, not at the source.  In
fact, in most cases, it is the only possible option.  That's what I do.  It
works well.

  -- Anthony