Subject: [Leica] Re: Which one is the Leica?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:57:11 -0600

At 08:12 PM 27/09/99 +0200, you wrote:
>If you care to take a little test, take a look at:
>
>http://www.atkielski.com/Temporary/leicatest.jpg
>
>This image shows two views of Notre-Dame.  One was taken with an M6 TTL and a
>Summicron-M 1:2/35 ASPH.  The other was taken with a Yashica T5 pocket
>point-and-shoot camera.  I'd be interested in seeing how many of you can
>recognize which is which, and how you manage to tell them apart.  If I didn't
>already know, I don't think I'd be able to distinguish between them--and I
have
>the original slides!

It's not a fair comparison because the lighting is so different.  I would
opt for the top one as being the Leica image, but it's hard to say.  Also,
if you projected two slides, or let me look at them with a loupe, then it
might be easier to tell.  I am limited by what information I see on the
computer monitor, which is hardly ever a reliable way of making subtle
comparisons.

 _
[o] -GH