Subject: Re: [Leica] Which one is the Leica?
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:19:08 -0400

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I never said anything about the lenses being limiting factors.  It was
just an
> experiment.  I was amazed by the quality of the T5 lens, and I thought I'd
try
> this experiment.
>
> > And yes, the Leica 35 Summilux ASPH is noticably better
> > than all of the above, WHEN used carefully.
>
> As on a test bench, you mean?  That's probably true.  But I wonder how
often
> that difference is visible in real-world photography.  I _hope_ the Leica
lenses
> are better, because I paid a lot more for them.
>
> > So what is your point?
>
> I just thought it would be interesting to compare the two and discuss the
> apparent lack of any clear differences.

    My advice for you, then, as you consider this a proper test of the two
systems, would be to sell your Summilux 35 ASPH ASAP!!!! Just think, you
will get a chunk of change you can invest in taking more pictures :-)) For
me, I love my Summilux 35 (pre-ASPH) just as much as my wife loves our
Stylus ... the Stylus takes terrific photos as well. Perhaps the Leica is
not suited to your style of photography.

Jonathan Borden