Subject: [Leica] Life Magazine - Greatest Photos of Century
From: sam <salex@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:27:59 -0400

- --------------92D62CB929715EE0920BB459

Not to start a long drawn out debate (like the flag raising), but, in
the current
Life Magazine Photo issue (quite good, IMO), there is the famous "Sailor
Kissing the Nurse in Times Square "shot. I seem to remember (which means
I can't remember more than a foggy haze where I read it) that the sailor
was practically assaulting the unwilling nurse! Does anyone know
anything about this? I didn't think LIFE would comment about this ? if
it were true and they knew it.  The photo is too famous (to be
controversial). And, to keep on topic, Did Eisentaedt use a Leica?
sam alexander (a block away from where this took place).

- --------------92D62CB929715EE0920BB459

Not to start a long drawn out debate (like the flag raising), but, in the
current
Kissing the Nurse in Times Square "shot. I <i>seem</i> to remember (which
means I can't remember more than a foggy haze where I read it) that the
sailor was practically assaulting the unwilling nurse! Does anyone know
anything about this? I didn't think LIFE would comment about this &shy;
if it were true and they knew it.&nbsp; The photo is too famous (to be