Subject: [Leica] Another reason not to like the built in hood
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:47:47 -0400

<<<<<I still have those
2 F's and they have NEVER let me down nor have they ever seen the inside of
a repair shop. I wish I could say the same thing for my Leicas and if this
group is to be believed I will bet many others wish the same thing. Nikons
are simply the best camera ever built while your M-6 and my M2's, sadly is
still 1930 technology.>>>>>

In the book "Requiem" there are a lot of Nikons shown, but also a LOT
of M's (including a black M2 or M3). I haven't counted (it doesn't matter
how many of each, since not every photographer is pictured, and only a small
number who are have cameras visible.). Point is, I'd say Vietnam was as
taxing a venue for camera ruggedness and reliability as any motorcycle race.
(Look at the bullet-pierced Nikon of Taizo Ichinose on the back cover!)
The photographers shooting film there also did not want to be "let down",
and, apparently, were not.

sam Alexander