Subject: [Leica] Got my 24mm today!
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:07:20 EDT

I doubt if anyone remembers my initial post here a couple of weeks ago when I
stated I was looking for a used M 24mm f 2.8 ASPH. Well, anyway, I found one
on Ebay and was the successful bidder. No it wasn't cheap but it was less
expensive than any I had seen offered in Shutterbug or other places -- and
actually I have seen very few specimens offered used. It arrived today --
complete with finder and hood. I've shot a few frames but haven't processed
anything yet. I'll try to post some sort of impressions once I see some film.
Just handling the thing is rather odd though -- using a seperate viewfinder
and all. I'm sure I'll get used to it. It certainly is a rather impressive
piece. It disappoints me, though, that Leica has gone to the plastic housing
on the finders -- I knew they had done this but still, holding one really
brings it home. It just doesn't seem right.

Also, I know that true Leicaphiles say not to use protective UV filters --
and I don't use them on my Nikons -- but I've decided to go that route for at
least a while with my Leica lenses (if you were to look at the front of my
Nikon glass you'd know why). Does anyone know if the B+W filter will fit
under this hood -- it's a pretty tight fit, not every filter will -- or do I
have to go with a Leica filter. And if so, where can I buy a Leica filter
on-line? (it's 55mm btw)

Bob (now 24 & 35mm Leica equiped) McEowen