Subject: Re: [Leica] Got my 24mm today!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:39:27 -0800

>Also, I know that true Leicaphiles say not to use protective UV filters --
>and I don't use them on my Nikons -- but I've decided to go that route for at
>least a while with my Leica lenses (if you were to look at the front of my
>Nikon glass you'd know why). Does anyone know if the B+W filter will fit
>under this hood -- it's a pretty tight fit, not every filter will -- or do I
>have to go with a Leica filter. And if so, where can I buy a Leica filter
>on-line? (it's 55mm btw)
>
>Bob (now 24 & 35mm Leica equiped) McEowen

bob,

the b+w 'thin' uv filter will fit under the hood, but as i've stated
before, at least on my lens, the hood will not properly couple with the
lens, which will lead to vignetting when the lens is wide open with both
filter and hood in place. some one (sorry, but don't remember who) recently
remarked that the hood fits properly over the leica uv filter, coupling
with the lens, as it should.

good luck and let me know your experience.

guy