Subject: Re: [Leica] Need a Moderated List (was 'AA outcry')
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:39:27 -0800

>Andrew Nemeth wrote:
>
>> I myself have had enough of Tiley Hats, Scotch, Beer, camera bags,
>> Porsches, Brainless-AA, Grey cards and the Zone System, and all the
>> other off-topic nonsense this list spends 95% of its time on.

lugfolk,

as we all know, this list, for better or worse, is not limited to leica
talk. we've all more or less accepted that there will inevitably be a
certain amount of off-topic chatter, whether we like it or not. the fact
that there are 800+ members seems to prove that most folks can live with
that. for those who would like something more focused, there is always the
possibilty of starting a new, moderated leica list, as some have suggested.
for those either unable or unwilling to do so: you can always delete
offensive messages or sign off if the hats, scotch, beer, etc., get too
thick and furious.

guy