Subject: [Leica] Moderated For (no Leica)
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:36:42 -0500

When I subscribed here I owned five Leicas (2 M3's, CL, IIIf, & new M6). I
sought out a place where I could learn and share information about these
great cameras (and maybe find a fair deal on gear or sell a thing). I
thought it would be limited simply to Leica ONLY messaging.

It turned out to be a place where intelligent, articulate, passionate
individuals -with a similar interest in Leicas- shared, in ADDITION to
Leica, many perspectives on photography, with a smattering of other tidbits.
I was pleasantly surprised. [even with asses and idiots intermingled]

We have endured the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune, and
vicariously experienced the trials, tribulations, and success of fellow
'members'. It is, as some have said, a fraternity.
Just like a fraternity it can get a little raucous from time to time, and
topics bend imperiously. You talk about 'get a life', this is LIFE.
It can be frustrating, annoying, aggravating and rewarding. It depends upon
what you bring to it.

From this list I've sold, traded, and purchased gear. I also found a place
to get my cameras fixed. I've established 'friendships' off line, and pissed
people off (enough to get 'kill filed'). I've met fellow members in person
for shooting and chatting about Leicas, and even shared meals & drinks.
Rarely a day passes that I don't learn something, or, at least, get provoked
enough to THINK about something, when reading the diverse messages here.

Those of you who want to limit the LUG to prohibit everything but Leica
specific topics PLEASE migrate to a list of your own devise (call it LOG).
Be sure to tell us about it over here at the (sic animal house) of
inveterate USERS.
We wish you well, but quit your bitching and get on with it.  Thanx.