Subject: [Leica] OH No Filters
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:23:28 -0700

Anthony asks about filters.  :-(

Anthony, please go to the archives off line and read to your heart's content.

<<If someone can show me a perceptible and
consistent difference in photographs taken with and without filters, perhaps
I'll reconsider.>>

Of course we don't have to show you anything.  You have to decide for yourself.

Much of my M work is done wide open, with candles, lamps, etc. in the image.  I have pictures taken side by side with an M, no filter, and a Nikon, with filter.  The Nikon photos show ghost images of the light sources.  Since then I only use the filters at the beach, around water, or colored filters for b&w.  In other words, when I have a reason.

Bob Rose