Subject: Re: [Leica] Trinol amateur test
From: Simon Stevens <simon@wizard.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:26:09 -0400

Marc James Small wrote:

>The 3.5/105 Trinol is NOT "Scottish", but British.  This is a LF
National
>Optical lens sent North of the border to Stewartry for remounting in
LTM.
>The RF-coupled mount IS Scots, but the rest of it is British-built.

Oh, Marc, Marc, it's not like you to be so inaccurate. Since the Cross
of St. Andrew is still part of the Union Flag, Scotland is still part of
Britain. The bit south of the border is called England, but both form
part of the entity commonly referred to as Gt.Britain, even after the
recent constitutional modifications.

But don't worry. I once had to explain to an 'O' Level (high school)
class in England that there are countries in "America" other than the
United States. They had never heard of Canada, Mexico . . .

Simon Stevens