Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Portaits at Washington Post site
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:37:41 +0200

From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 23:03

> And  I'm afraid I must say that I find the majority of
> these photos tremendously unremarkable.

A lot of them do look pretty ordinary.

I have several little books put out by Magnum with portraits of various famous
people (writers, movie stars).  HCB has a few in each (including some of the
same ones shown on the Web site).  However, his are no better or worse than the
others.  There are many very good portraits, and most of the best are not HCB's
work (but as I said, he is only represented by a few images).  I don't know how
many of them use Leicas (does or did everyone at Magnum use Leicas?).

  -- Anthony