Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] HCB Portaits at Washington Post site
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:40:26 -0400

     Having recently seen a book of portraits by Karsh, in which the people
     are photographed so as to appear almost as if their heads were chisled
     out of granite (the worst ones at least), I have a much higher opinion
     of HCB's portraits than Bernard does, finding them refreshing, humane,
     subtle, natural, and individual by comparision.  If they don't possess
     all the same qualities of his more typical so-called "decisive moment"
     photographs, they are none the less very fine.  (Just an opinion!)  :)

     Art Peterson