Subject: Re: [Leica] Rain
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:19:10 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> [...]

Very good point!

I did see an excellent thing on the filming of this Rain movie with Christina
Slater and Morgan Freeman in which billions of gallons of water was the subject
and they had all the cameras wrapped in plastic floating on pontoons. That was
an exception.

Hanging in my darkroom is an 11 x 14 shot of haystack Rock done with Agfapan 25
during a deluge.
I shot it with a 24 2.8 with a Nikon FM. I used a Red filter and a tripod. I
recall having to hold the lens open for several seconds at F22.
The rain flowing down the Red Filter is visible and not quite in focus creating
a prism effect against the high resolution barnacles. It's printed on Agfaspeed
312 paper. It helps me print I don't know why. I got soaked through my underwear
to get that shot. I dress better for that stuff now and I'm older.

I'm less happy about having my Leica's inindated by the rain during time
exposures. I have a small umbrella which fits in my tripod case with my tripod.
Mark Rabiner