Subject: [Leica] Pictures and FUN
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:39:51 -0400

Just a quick follow through on my photo expedition locally.

Have read lots of talk on the M6 Metering on our thread...all that I
did was point the meter at the scene to be taken, turned the aperature
or shutter ring, presto.  Not terribly arcane.  Not much else...sure,
as Nathan does, pointed at the area to be emphasized.  And, of course,
the range of the film did not allow all the highlights and shadows to
be rendered perfectly, i.e., some blocking of the shadow details, but
over-all, great results to my amateur eye.  The key, of course, is to
point the meter at the correct area.  Sounds obvious I know, but
that's all there is to it.  And, yes, some of the pictures were not
perfect...but I've learned from the few errors and can correct the
small mistakes.  No hand wringing, just FUN...get out, take pictures,
learn from mistakes, and don't worry about not being perfect. As one
of my teachers once said, the enemy of good is perfect, i.e., if one
holds oneself to standards that are unrealistic, all the fun goes out
of any endeavor.

Just my two cents as we get back to pictures, and move away from
palaver.

Elliot