Subject: RE: [Leica] OFF TOPIC, "Americans"
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:56:59 -0200

At 08:29 AM 30/09/99 -0700, you wrote:

>> You have actually asked a Canadian, "Do you consider yourself an
>> American?", and they replied, "Yes"?   I find this hard to
>> believe.  I will
>> ask everyone I know that question, and see what comes up.
>>
>> Dan C.

        WOW!  Not only would I NEVER consider myself an American (which is
uniformly regarded, worldwide, as a citizen of the USA) I have a hard time
calling myself a Canadian!!

...but that is just a Newfoundland nationalism thing. We used to be an
independent country ... now we're Canadians ...  (SNORE!)

This Newfoundlander will be on a road trip to Canada at the end of October.
I'll get to meet Ted Grant (Our National Treasure!) in Ottawa at a group
exhibition, in which, we both have images.

Any other lug members in Eastern Canada, Montreal, Ottawa ????

cheers,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm