Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupe
From: "Mike Quinn" <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:50:51 -0700

For years I used a 1960's Nikon 105mm f2.5 lens.
It magnified more than the 50mm and it wasn't easily intimidated by leica
equipment.
Now that my son has carried it off (attached to an old Nikon body), I've
started using the new Leica 5x loupe. I like it, and prefer 5x to 2x.
It's much sharper than the other 8x loupes I've used, and the negative
adapter is a pleasure to use.

Still, it's harder to shove slides into the (nifty) slide adapter than it
was to stick the 105 on top of them...

drpuritz@li.net wrote:

> Would really appreciate some feed back and advice concerning the loupe
> that other Luggers use to review their slides and contacts.  Specifically,
> what do you use, what magnification do you suggest, and is an aspheric
> loupe notably better?

Mark Rabiner replied: