Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC, "Americans"
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:08:08 -0400

Holy Moly! Ian- I get the impression that your passport has so many stamps
from so many exotic and far away places, that your origins could only be
determined by an issuing authority! A citizen of "The World"!
Seriously, I consider each of the LUG as 'just plain folks' who happen to
live in some interesting places- like family members that have scattered! I
admit, pronouncing some of the names of my 'brothers and sisters' may be
questionable, I feel that If I were in a gathering with any of you, that I
could pick up a thread of conversation as normally as I do with my friends
and family here at home!
I have become aware of how small this planet has become- I routinely
converse, trade, sell, buy and deal with people all over this planet,
something unthinkable even five years ago, and it's as if they are no
further than my friends across town from me!
It's funny- but to me the banter about "who is an American, and who isn't"
is about as meaningful as my poking at Harrison about staying in that
backwater state, Tennessee!
Of course, while you mention Canadians, I remember, in my day, that Lorne
Greene, and Dorothy Stratton were two Canadians of note, as well!