Subject: RE: [Leica] Americans. Now: baby killers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:37:20 -0400

At 12:33 PM 10/1/1999 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:

Amnesty International, again, bats zero for accuracy, their normal average.
 The ONLY "international law" dealing with this point is this amorphous "UN
Convention on the Rights of the Child" which the US has neither signed nor
ratified.

Hence, Amnesty International can splutter in dismay and Vanity Fair can
react with shock and horror, but it is perfectly proper for a juvenile
offender TRIED AS AN ADULT to be executed in the US.  Proper and legal and,
no, there is no violation of "international law" in so doing.

Me?  I'm 100% opposed to the death penalty but, frankly, some of the
juveniles I've represented were scarier than the adults.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!