Subject: Re: [Leica] Some Info on the New "Voigtlander" Lenses
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:42:07 -0700

Cosina licensed the right to use the Voigtlander name from Ringphoto in
Germany.

The new Cosina/Voigtlander lenses are, quite simply, great lenses.  with their
modern designs and multi coating, better than any LTM lenses Leica made until
the just released new series of Leica LTM lenses.  that Cosina could make a
LTM lens lineup and come close to Leica quality for a fraction of the price is
amazing.  If it were easy, someone else would have done it.

By my count at least, no one else has had a quality LTM lens line since the
demise of  the Canon LTM lens lineup in the mid 1970's   (sorry Marc, as far
as I am concerned the quality control of the Russian LTM lenses is too
inconsistent to call them a lens line.)

IF the old Voigtlander had made products like these, it's my guess they would
have stayed in business.

Stephen