Subject: Re: [Leica] More Ebay Idiocy
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 16:07:05 -0400

I agree with Bob.  Ebay deals are out there.  I recently got a IIIF body in
Ex+ shape for $400, which I didn't think was too bad.

(If you're serious about Ebay buying, you owe it to yourself to checkout
one of the sniping, auto-bidding tools.  They will insert a bid with 4-5
seconds left in the auction.  It may not be "fair", but it level's the
playing field for me.)

Remember, it only takes two bidders at an auction to drive the price up to
ridiculous levels.

Skip

At 10/1/99 09:48 AM  -0400, you wrote:
>On the other hand, there seem to be pretty good deals on Leica gear for the
>user. In the last month or so I have bought a slightly worn M4-P body, a
>sweet 35mm Summicron w/hood and a like new 24mm ASPH w/finder&hood -- $2,700
>total. I feel like I've done pretty well. I've passed up several perfectly
>acceptable 90mm (both f2 and f 2.8 versions) in the $350 range. Sure there is
>plenty of idiocy but there are good buys as well.
>
>Bob (Yeah, you guys stay off of ebay, OK?) McEowen

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com