Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM Rapidwinder
From: Bernard Delgado <delgado@nytimes.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:54:20 -0500

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:58:49 EDT
>From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
>Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM Rapidwinder
>
>In a message dated 10/1/99 2:11:36 AM, corkflor@iol.ie writes:
>
>>Great news! Can I place an order now for my IIIf (and I don't mind acting
>>as a guinea-pig)? After my experience with the M2 Rapidwinder, I'm hooked.
>>

>I've read about the rapidwinder but I have three questions:
>
>Does having the finger of your focusing hand on the wind lever interfere with
>focusing --  is it still easy to touch up the focus as your subject moves
>around?
>
>Is it convenient to use when shooting verticals?
>
>What does your right thumb do now?
>
>Bob (likes the idea but can't quite get it) McEowen

Hi,
1)Index finger focusing, Middle, Ring & Pinky on the rapindwinder lever.
Very comfortable
2)Yes, I think its much better for shooting verticals. The camera feels
more stable. In shooting a vertical, the camera's advance lever is too
close to your forehead. You can hold the camera rock solid w/ the
rapidwinder.
3)My thumb rests on the backdoor, adding to the stability of the camera.
- -BERN