Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Americans. baby killers. GET OFF IT!
From: Barney Quinn <barney@ncep.noaa.gov>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 07:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Guys,

Ted's right. Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers'" in the sermon
on the mount. In its biblical context this phrase doesn't mean blessed
are those who negociate ends to wars, though that's certainly true. It
means something more like, "Happy are those who do not go around
causing strife between people." Recent events on the LUG have
certainly reaffirmed the importance of this saying.

Bashing another country, IMHO, is neither an appropriate or productive
thing to do. Let's all take our Prozac and knock it off. I have no
objection to most off-topic posts. I think they are the electronic
equivalent of friendly small talk between neighboors. I do object to
posts which are the electronic equivalent of shouting, "fire" just for
fun in a public place.

Barney