Subject: Re: [Leica] Like taking candy
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 00:11:45 GMT

On Sun, 03 Oct 1999 09:28:00 +1000, Alastair Firkin
<firkin@netconnect.com.au> wrote:

>What no comments on my Iris. Please stop and smell the roses.
>
>http://cgi.linkclub.or.jp/~dmakos/imgsquare/index.cgi?
>

>Cheers

Interesting.  First off, nice flower!  Secondly, the first message in
the web thread about it asked the question that popped into my mind -
the shot shows the same OOF doubling of lines (ni-sen bokeh) as my
Nikkor 55/2.8.  All my knowledge of R lenses is second-hand, but I
didn't expect to see this - is it a known characteristic of the 100
APO Macro?

This begs the question, if Nikon and Leica lenses both exhibit this
behaviour, is it common to most macro lenses?

Paul Chefurka