Subject: [Leica] like taking candy
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:55:27 +1000

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Interesting.  First off, nice flower!  Secondly, the first message in
the web thread about it asked the question that popped into my mind -
the shot shows the same OOF doubling of lines (ni-sen bokeh) as my
Nikkor 55/2.8.  All my knowledge of R lenses is second-hand, but I
didn't expect to see this - is it a known characteristic of the 100
APO Macro?

This begs the question, if Nikon and Leica lenses both exhibit this
behaviour, is it common to most macro lenses?
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Paul,

I've noted it before and always assumed it was normal. The Bokeh of my
other Leica Tele, the 70-180 has an almost swirling effect. I'll see if I
can find an example and report back some time ;-)

Alastair Firkin