Subject: Re: [Leica] How much difference is there....really
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 03:51:58 +0200

From: <InfinityDT@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 1999 20:17

> IMO if you are handholding 400 speed color neg film and
> having it processed at the supermarket you might consider
> even the new "cheap" LTM lenses overkill.

Since there are many pros using ISO 400 color negative film handheld and having
it processed at one-hour labs, I wonder why they aren't using chepaer lenses,
then?

In fact, there's a lot more to a lens than resolution.  I'm regularly perplexed
by the preoccupation with resolution that I often see among photographers, even
though resolution is only an issue in about 0.00001% of all photographs.

> Buy any glass-lensed P&S and take your wife on a weekend getaway.

P&S cameras have many disadvantages besides poorer lenses.

  -- Anthony