Subject: [Leica] Further R8 Motor Drive Delays - Now Early 2000
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:21:51 +0800

I just got word from the Leica distributor in Hong Kong that "Pls be
informed that the drive will not be available till early 2000. Sorry for
not been able to equip your professional photographer. Kind Regards."

The signature is hand written and looks something like "I. Vuilu". Sorry
I can't make it out any better. The note is written on a fax in longhand
and appears to be from Solms, but I can't tell for sure. Perhaps the
latest drive delivery delay only applies to us in Hong Kong. Don't know.

Consider me (again) disappointed, but not surprised.

Jim Nelon
Hong Kong