Subject: [Leica] Dummy question
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:39:29 -0700

A recent ebay auction item reminded me of a question I have been meaning to
ask.  This ebay auction was for an M4-P dummy.  The bids were almost as high
for a "real" M4-P.

What exactly are Leica dummies?  Are they "real" items that are somehow made
nonfunctional?  What was their purpose?  And last, but not least, why would
anyone want one?  If just for display, it would seem to be just as cheap to
buy a camera (or lens) and just display it.

Thanks,

rp johnson