Subject: Re: [Leica] Holding an M6 vertically
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:41:27 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Which orientation do most of you use to hold an M6 vertically for "portrait"
> shots?  I can't figure out which is best.  I am right-handed and tend to hold
> the camera such that the shutter button is at the high end (the same way I hold
> my SLRs), but this seems awkward at times.  Holding it the other way seems more
> comfortable, but I have trouble finding the focus tab then.  Which is the
> "preferred" way (if there is one), and which way is used by most seasoned M6
> users (the right-handed ones, at least)?
>
>   -- Anthony

When they add a second shutter release for vertical use on the Nikons, Contax
and others they always assume the camera is being held as you like to, dangling.
I think I am in the 40% who find that not obvious but to have the camera IN my
hand on top instead of dangling under. I can never figure this thing out why I
seem to me in the (slight) minority on this.
And the tab is positioned perfectly for my left hand on the left side of the camera.
Mark Rabiner